Renegade Review Marching Band Championship
Consider joining us on Saturday, October 11, 2014 for the
32nd Annual RENEGADE REVIEW
Marching Band Championship
ENTRY INFO NOW AVAILABLE! Be sure to submit your application by the May 1st post-mark deadline to get in the random draw for performance order.
Union Public Schools is known for its state of the art facilities and the Union Band Parents have a long history of managing top-notch marching band, winter guard and drum corps events. Facilities are in close proximity to excellent hotels, shopping and dining. Union’s stadium has the latest in artificial turf, and has the best acoustics of any stadium in the region, due to the concrete stands on the front and back sides, as well as the UMAC facility in the south end-zone. Numerous drum corps directors have stated that Union stadium is one of the best venues in the country because of its acoustics, and also because the audience is right on top of the performers.
Competing bands/directors/supporters enjoy the following conveniences of our event:
- All groups will be parked in the school parking lot (all paved)
- Paved access for all groups between their parking spots, their warm-up areas, and the stadium
- 3 lighted warm-up areas NOW ON A TURF FIELD (45 minutes in each warm-up area)
- Band Director’s Hospitality Suite located in the Redskin Room of the Union Multipurpose Activity Center, with a bird’s eye view of the competition field
- Large indoor facility (UMAC) as backup in case of inclement weather
- Bands of America format and classifications
- Auxiliary & Percussion caption Awards for each class (preliminary competition only)
- Exhibition performance at finals for class champions (if non-qualifying)
- Champion medals for each class (based on preliminaries)
- Complimentary DVD of your band’s performance for directors
Access to the event site is readily available from major highways. A Sam's Club Store is located adjacent to the campus should bulk supplies (water, soft drinks, etc.) be required. Many restaurants within a 1 mile radius offer a variety of dining options for visiting spectators and arrangements are again being made to have outside vendors to offer on-site dining options the day of the event. Competing bands interested in pre-ordering marching band meals should contact the event staff via the attached web link. For those bands traveling from out of state, many lodging facilities capable of handling large groups are located within a 1 mile radius, and may offer discounted rates. Contact us at the email address below for specifics. Also, Tulsa's largest shopping mall, Woodland Hills, is located within a mile of the event site.
Union’s Renegade Regiment and Union Band Parents Club look forward to hosting this year’s event. Our experienced staff is prepared to make the day both convenient and fun for competing bands and their patrons by providing a safe and positive event environment. We look forward to seeing many of the excellent bands competing in past RENEGADE REVIEWS returning to this year’s event, as well new participants being added to the lineup.
need more info? > Contact Us