1st Round Auditions
Saturday, Nov. 5 , 2017
Broken Arrow H.S.
This audition round takes place simultaneously with the NBDA district audition.
2nd and Final Round Auditions
Saturday, Dec. 2, 2017
*SNOW DATE: Saturday Dec. 9, 2012 (in the event of inclement weather on Dec. 2)
Westmoore H.S. - Moore, OK
Bus transportation is provided. If you prefer not to ride the bus back to Tulsa, an email from a parent or guardian sent to Mr. Pisarra with intended return transportation plans MUST be received prior to departing the Westmoore campus.
WHEN / TIMES
-Call time 6:45am
-Return by 1am (Sunday morning)
REMIND Subscription Code: @OMEAaud (send to to 81010)
-Comfy clothes/shoes for the day
-Dress clothes for auditions, if you wish
-Instrument / Music / Pencil
-Pillow, blanket, etc.
-Homework, book, etc.
-Phone, charger, brick battery charger
-Ample $ or food for a very long day (3 meals)
SHUTTLE BUS TO LOCAL FOOD
|From Westmoore HS||From Restaurants|
|12:00 pm||1:15 pm|
|1:30 pm||2:45 pm|
|3:00 pm||4:15 pm|
|4:30 pm||5:45 pm|
|6:00 pm||7:15 pm|
|7:30 pm||8:45 pm|
- Audition times posted at 9:00 am.
- Preliminary Auditions begin at 10:00 am for: flute, Bb clarinet, alto saxophone, trumpet, horn, trombone, percussion
- Final Auditions begin at 10:00 am for: piccolo, double reeds, Bass clarinet, Contra clarinet, tenor saxophone, bari saxophone, euphonium, tuba
- Final Auditions for flute, Bb clarinet, alto saxophone, trumpet, horn, trombone, and percussion will begin at the conclusion of the preliminary auditions.
- Oboe will begin at approximately 1:30 pm
- Eb Clarinet will begin at approximately 2:00 pm
- Contra Clarinet will begin at approximately 3:00 pm
Piccolo Finals - Room 169
Flute Prelims 1 - Room 163
Flute Prelims 2 - Room 165
Flute Prelims 3 - Room 166
Flute Finals - Room 166
Oboe Finals - Room 182
Bassoon Finals - Room 182
Bb Clarinet Prelims 1 - Room 183
Bb Clarinet Prelims 2 - Room 185
Bb Clarinet Prelims 3 - Room 186
Bb Clarinet Prelims 4 - Room 188
Bb Clarinet Finals - Room 188
Bass Clarinet Finals - Room 181
Contra Clarinet Finals - Room 183
Eb Clarinet Finals - Room 183
Alto Sax Prelims 1 - Room 159
Alto Sax Prelims 2 - Room 161
Alto Sax Finals - Room 159
Tenor Sax Finals - Room 177
Bari Sax Finals - Room 156
Trumpet Prelims 1 - Room 149
Trumpet Prelims 2 - Room 150
Trumpet Prelims 3 - Room 152
Trumpet Finals - Room 149
Horn Prelims 1 - Room 143
Horn Prelims 2 - Room 144
Horn Finals - Room 143
Euphonium Finals - Room 132
Trombone Prelims 1 - Room 145
Trombone Prelims 2 - Room 146
Trombone Finals - Room 145
Tuba Finals - Room 133
Percussion Snare Prelims 1 - Speech Room
Percussion Mallet Prelims 1 - Choir Room
Percussion Timpani Prelims 1 - Drama Room
Percussion Snare Prelims 2 - Arena Hospitality Room
Percussion Mallet Prelims 2 - Arena
Percussion Timpani Prelims 2 - Band Room
Percussion Snare Finals - Speech Room
Percussion Mallet Finals - Choir Room
Percussion Timpani Finals - Drama Room
- Equipment may be unloaded at Door #21, which leads directly into the Westmoore Band Room. The band room will not be used as a holding place or warm up area for percussionists, but just an entry point into the building prior to auditions. Equipment will need to be moved to the percussion warm up gym.
-There are 2 sets of Percussion Prelim Rooms. Each student will play in 3 separate rooms: 1 each for snare, mallet, and timpani. Students will need to very carefully check that they are moving correctly from room to room. (Ex: Snare A > Mallet A > Timpani A; NOT Snare A > Mallet B > Timpani A)
- There will be signs clearly marking the rooms. Outside monitors will be instructed to carefully check that students are auditioning in their correct rooms.
- We anticipate some delays as multiple students from the same school may need to share equipment. We will handle this as we have done in the past. Students waiting on another room to finish with equipment will audition as soon as their equipment is available. Again, outside monitors will be instructed to help manage these instances.
- Percussion Finalists will audition on all 3 instruments in 3 separate rooms using the exact same process as in prelims.