1st Round Auditions
Saturday, Nov. 3 , 2018
Broken Arrow H.S.
This audition round takes place simultaneously with the NBDA district audition.
2nd and Final Round Auditions
Saturday, Dec. 1, 2018
Westmoore H.S. - Moore, OK
Bus transportation is provided. If you prefer not to ride the bus back to Tulsa, an email from a parent or guardian sent to Mr. Pisarra with intended return transportation plans MUST be received prior to departing the Westmoore campus.
WHEN / TIMES
Call time 6:30am
Return by 1am (Sunday morning)
REMIND Subscription Code: @OMEAaud (send to to 81010)
-Comfy clothes/shoes for the day
-Dress clothes for auditions, if you wish
-Instrument / Music / Pencil
-Pillow, blanket, etc.
-Homework, book, etc.
-Phone, charger, brick battery charger
-Ample $ or food for a very long day (3 meals)
Bruce (instrument repairman extraordinaire) from Larsen Music will be available at Westmoore Saturday for any potential repair issues that might arise. He will be located in front of the media center/contest office. He is donating his time and talents. Please be sure to stop by an thank him if you get a chance.
AUDITIONS PROCEDURES and RULES
- Students must report to the assigned room before their audition time and be available at the room when they are called to audition. Be aware of audition times and locations.
- Students will not be permitted to audition if their audition time is missed.
- Instruments with prelim rooms will perform prepared cuts only in the prelim room. Finals rooms will include prepared cuts and sight reading.
- Students may not communicate with the judges IN ANY WAY.
- All questions should be facilitated through the inside monitor. Please be discreet.
- Students are not to share audition times with teachers, to avoid the appearance of impropriety.
Flute: Top 14 in each prelims room advance, for a total of 42 to finals
Bb Clarinet: Top 12 in each prelims room advance, for a total of 48 to finals
Alto Saxophone: Top 12 in each prelims room advance, for a total of 24 to finals
Trumpet: Top 12 in each prelims room advance, for a total of 36 to finals
Horn: Top 16 in each prelims room advance, for a total of 32 to finals
Trombone: Top 14 in each prelims room advance, for a total of 28 to finals
Percussion: Top 15 in each prelims track advance, for a total of 30 to finals
- Audition times posted no later than 9:30 am in the warm up area.
- Preliminary Auditions begin at 10:00 am for: flute, Bb clarinet, alto saxophone, trumpet, horn, trombone, percussion
- Final Auditions begin at 10:00 am for: piccolo, double reeds, Bass clarinet, Contra clarinet, tenor saxophone, bari saxophone, euphonium, tuba
- Final Auditions for flute, Bb clarinet, alto saxophone, trumpet, horn, trombone, and percussion will begin at the conclusion of the preliminary auditions.
- Oboe will begin at approximately 1:30 pm
- Eb Clarinet will begin at approximately 2:00 pm
- Contra Clarinet will begin at approximately 3:00 pm
Scales are NOT required for the OkMEA second or final audition rounds.
Piccolo Finals - Room 169
Flute Prelims 1 - Room 163
Flute Prelims 2 - Room 165
Flute Prelims 3 - Room 166
Flute Finals - Room 166
Oboe Finals - Room 202
Bassoon Finals - Room 212
Bb Clarinet Prelims 1 - Room 183
Bb Clarinet Prelims 2 - Room 185
Bb Clarinet Prelims 3 - Room 186
Bb Clarinet Prelims 4 - Room 188
Bb Clarinet Finals - Room 188
Bass Clarinet Finals - Room 182
Contra Clarinet Finals - Room 181
Eb Clarinet Finals - Room 181
Alto Sax Prelims 1 - Room 159
Alto Sax Prelims 2 - Room 161
Alto Sax Finals - Room 159
Tenor Sax Finals - Room 177
Bari Sax Finals - Room 156
Trumpet Prelims 1 - Room 149
Trumpet Prelims 2 - Room 150
Trumpet Prelims 3 - Room 152
Trumpet Finals - Room 149
Horn Prelims 1 - Room 143
Horn Prelims 2 - Room 144
Horn Finals - Room 143
Euphonium Finals - Room 132
Trombone Prelims 1 - Room 145
Trombone Prelims 2 - Room 146
Trombone Finals - Room 145
Tuba Finals - Room 133
Percussion Snare Prelims 1 - Speech Room
Percussion Mallet Prelims 1 - Choir Room
Percussion Timpani Prelims 1 - Drama Room
Percussion Snare Prelims 2 - Arena Hospitality Room
Percussion Mallet Prelims 2 - Arena
Percussion Timpani Prelims 2 - Band Room
Percussion Snare Finals - Speech Room
Percussion Mallet Finals - Choir Room
Percussion Timpani Finals - Drama Room
- Equipment may be unloaded at Door #21, which leads directly into the Westmoore Band Room. The band room will not be used as a holding place or warm up area for percussionists, but just an entry point into the building prior to auditions. Equipment will need to be moved to the percussion warm up gym.
-There are 2 sets of Percussion Prelim Rooms. Each student will play in 3 separate rooms: 1 each for snare, mallet, and timpani. Students will need to very carefully check that they are moving correctly from room to room. (Ex: Snare A > Mallet A > Timpani A; NOT Snare A > Mallet B > Timpani A)
- There will be signs clearly marking the rooms. Outside monitors will be instructed to carefully check that students are auditioning in their correct rooms.
- We anticipate some delays as multiple students from the same school may need to share equipment. We will handle this as we have done in the past. Students waiting on another room to finish with equipment will audition as soon as their equipment is available. Again, outside monitors will be instructed to help manage these instances.
- Percussion Finalists will audition on all 3 instruments in 3 separate rooms using the exact same process as in prelims.
-Page 56 was originally posted as being in Cb Major, but is in fact in Gb Major.
-Page 56 suggested tempo should be dotted quarter note = 70-80.
Bb/Eb Clarinet Etude
-Page 32, f minor, Andantino, measure 46, the Eb should be an E natural.
Tenor Sax Etude
-Page 23, Eb Major, Andante suggested tempo should be eighth note = 78-92.
-No. 81 has a misprint in the key signature on the last line. The key signature should remain the same through the entire etude. E Major.
Euphonium/Baritone T.C. and B.C. Etude
-Page 33 (Bass Clef) and Page 35 (Treble Clef) the suggested tempo marking should be indicated as dotted quarter note = 46-58, not 130-144.
-The Bordogni Page 33, #30 etude first 2 notes should be tied.
-Snare Drum Etude Page 28, #26, suggested tempo is indicated as eighth note = 155-165
-Two Mallet etude Page 28-29, suggested tempos is quarter note = 112-124
-Four Mallet etude suggested tempo is quarter note = 68-88
-Timpani etude Page 22-23, #15, suggested tempo is quarter note = 120-132
SHUTTLE BUS TO LOCAL FOOD -- this service is currently canceled.
|From Westmoore HS||From Restaurants|
|12:00 pm||1:15 pm|
|1:30 pm||2:45 pm|
|3:00 pm||4:15 pm|
|4:30 pm||5:45 pm|
|6:00 pm||7:15 pm|
|7:30 pm||8:45 pm|
- Audition ti
- Audition ti